Thursday, September 1, 2016

Who is Melinda James? A Character Interview

Starting tomorrow, September 2, 2016, you can read Melinda’s Story for 99 CENTS!

I've been posting and tweeting and facebooking about Melinda James. I'm getting emails from people--some I know, others I don't--asking who is Melinda James? To answer that question, I've brought Melinda James here today. She will answer the question and give you some enlightening information about why you should get to know her. In my opinion--I am her creator--she's an enigma. Yes, even to me.

So, without further ado, let me introduce you to Melinda James:

QueenWriter (QW): Melinda, I've been asked by several people who you are. Can you please tell everyone?

Melinda James (MJ): I was created by Starr Gardinier. I'm simply a fictional character.

QW: There must be more you can tell your readers.

MJ: There's a lot I can tell you. Okay, I'll give you a glimpse into my life. That should more than explain why I've been breathed into existence.

As you know, my name is Melinda James. My childhood growing up was pretty typical. That is, until I reached my teenage years. That's when everything started going downhill. I know some of the first things some thought about are typical teenage problems: zits, too fat, other kids making fun, bullies. God, how I wish that's all it was. 

My problems started and ended with death. Not mine, mind you, but some people very close to me. It's a wonder I didn't end up in an insane asylum. Oh wait...I did. Well, to put it simply, death made me crazy. At least, that's what everyone thought. Was I crazy? Am I still crazy?

QW: Are you?

MJ: Crazy? No. At least, my best friends Beth and Trent say I'm not. Even Felicity sees how normal I am. Then again, Dr. Leever might argue with those assumptions.

Anyway, to tell you who I really am, we have to go back in time to when I was thirteen....

***

I tried to tell them it was going to happen, but nobody would listen. They all said I was just having bad dreams, or that I was crazy.

It started at my father’s funeral. It’s been so long since it first began, about eight years ago. Sometimes though, it seems like yesterday. My father was there. No, I don’t mean just in the casket. He was there. He talked to me, begged me to tell Mom that we all needed to run and hide. He said we were all in danger.

I asked him why he didn’t tell Mom himself. He said he tried, but she wasn’t listening. I heard him fine. But I didn’t believe him. Why would we be in danger? We can’t just up and leave. My friends are all here in Beaumont. When I told him that, he said it was important, that it was a matter of life and death. He seemed so worried, but I was so confused, I blew him off.

I guess when it first happened I didn’t pay any heed to his warning. We went on with our lives. Mom was grief stricken, my brother Kyle was in his own world playing videos and I was trying to shut my father out of my mind. Was I going crazy? What was wrong with me? Dad was dead, but I could still see and hear him.

If I tell you the story, will you believe me?

***
QW: Wait. So you're saying your father was dead and he talked to you from the grave?

MJ: From the grave, from wherever. He called it the "Other Side."

QW: Have you been to this "Other Side?"

MJ: Now, you're jumping the gun. I'll answer and say yes, but it's Trent who will tell you that story later on. Starr created him, too and you'll read about him in "The Other Side: Trent's Story." It would be an injustice to Trent to try and explain him to you. Talk about an enigma. I'm like an open book, pun intended, whereas Trent...well, let's just say, Starr really crossed to the "Other Side" to create him.

QW; Is there anything else you can tell us?

MJ: I would love to, but I can't. Starr would be very upset if I told you everything. Just read "The Other Side: Melinda's Story" and you'll have your answers.

QW: Thank you for joining us today, Melinda. It was nice speaking with you.

If you want to know even more about Melinda James, click on any of the links below:

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2b5xQhY
All Romance Books: http://bit.ly/2b5yOdX
Wild Rose Press: http://bit.ly/2b9vK4B

Stay tuned for an in-depth interview with Trent Miller.


HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Blog Gadget