Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"The Collini Case" Book Review

“The Collini Case” by Ferdinand Von Schirach

I just finished reading this book and I sit here stunned. When I picked this book up, I thought it looked interesting and different. I wasn’t wrong, but in no way was I prepared for the reason behind the murder of a socially prominent man—Hans Meyer.

Fabrizio Collini walks into a hotel, brutally kills a man with a gun and finishes the scene by stamping the victim’s face almost beyond recognition. Collini then proceeds to the lobby and tells them the man in room 400 is dead and sits, waiting patiently for his arrest. Was he crazy? Was this something personal? This horrific crime was about more than just personal revenge, it was about so much more.

Caspar Leinen has been assigned Collini’s case. Even after he finds out he grew up with the victim’s family, he still represents him, arguing vigorously for his client’s defense. And when Collini refuses to give his motive, Leinin goes on the hunt and learns the truth.

Von Schirach uses his own expertise as a defense lawyer to pen a novel that raises awareness of violent cruelty and what one would go through for retribution and just law.


Powerfully written, this novel’s conclusion left me spellbound."

No comments:

Blog Gadget