Monday, July 30, 2012

An Interview With Carolyn Chambers Clark

This week's featured author is Carolyn Chambers Clark. Help me welcome her to QueenWriter News.

I'm a nurse with a master’s degree in psychiatric mental health nursing and a doctorate in nursing education from Columbia University. I was a psychotherapist for many years and taught at several universities. I'm also board certified as an Advanced Holistic Nurse and a Member of the American College of Forensic Examiners. Forensic Examiner did a book review of my e-book Forensics by the Numbers, A Jewel Connor Mystery in June 2012.

I've had over 20 health-related nonfiction books published by large publishers such as HarperCollins, John Wiley, Springer, and Jones & Bartlett. I won three Book of the Year Awards. Some of my books are “Living Well With Anxiety: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell you That you Need to Know;” “De-Stress, Weigh Less;” “American Holistic Nurses' Association Guide to Common Chronic Conditions: Self-Care Options to Complement Your Doctor's Advice;” “Living Well With Menopause: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell you That you Need to Know: Holistic Assertiveness Skills for Nurses;” “Encyclopedia of Complementary Health Practice;” “Creative Nursing Leadership and Management, Classroom Skills for Nurse Educators;” “The Holistic Nursing Approach to Chronic Disease;” “Health Promotion in Communities;” “Complementary Health for Women;” “Enhancing Wellness: A Guide for Self-Care;” and “Health Promotion for Nurses: A Practical Guide” (due out in September 2012).
I have a big web site for wellness, self-care, and relationship resources at http://www.carolynchambersclark.com where I also sell my self-care e-books and my health books as well as provide free articles on many conditions and offer a monthly Wellness Newsletter.

I write fiction with my husband and have published over 20 fiction e-books on Amazon.com, Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble. Readers can find picture of the covers of most of these where they can click on the cover and read sample chapters and be directed to where they can be purchased at http://www.freeandbargainebooks.blogspot.com.

I asked Carolyn a few questions:

Starr Gardinier Reina (SGR): Tell us about Carolyn, the author and Carolyn, the individual.

Carolyn Chambers Clark (CCC): Like any writer, my experiences color my writing. My bio tells you a lot about me as a person.

SGR: You have a few books out now. Tell us how you market you and your work.

CCC: I promote other authors' work on Twitter and Facebook and ask for a reciprocal promotion. When I'm asked to "like" a writer's book, I ask they "like" one of our fiction titles. I do interviews like this one and have 2 blogs. I've done numerous radio interviews, too.

SGR: If you wanted to be a fictional character, who would it be and why? (can be a character from your own work or anyone else's)

CCC: I'd be Cookie Mafalda Berelli. She says all the smart-mouthed things I'd love to say in “Candy, Murder & Me.” And, her recipes are terrific! She also gets to solve mysteries, which I'd love to do.

SGR: Which is your newest release? In nine words, tell us about it.

CCC: “Electrifying,” YA paranormal, shows the power of three.

SGR: Jocelyn Drake has agreed to an interview by you. What three questions would you ask her?

CCC: What is the grossest thing she watched Anthony Bourdain eat? What kind of dog is Max? What's so enamoring about Bruce Wayne?

Thank you, Carolyn for speaking with QueenWriter News as well as your fans and readers. To read about or purchase any of Carolyn's books, go to: Carolyn Chambers Clark. She also has a blog, which can be read at: http://carolyn-fictionwriter.blogspot.com/ and another at: http://www.freeandbargainebooks.blogspot.com.


If you are a published author and would like to be featured on QueenWriter News, email me at sreina@queenwriter.com. Please put "Feature Me" in the subject line so your email doesn't get lost.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thanks so much for interviewing me. It was great fun!

All Best,

Carolyn Chambers Clark

Unknown said...

You are welcome. Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance! :)

Blog Gadget